You're washing your hair wrong
Updated: Feb 15, 2018
Maybe not, but for those that are - this is for you!
What you use to wash your hair matters. It's no secret that #Pureology has my heart when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. I have tried lots and lots and I know this is the best hair care line for shampoo and conditioner on the market.
1. They believe in...
Sustainability is our responsibility
In minimizing our environmental impact across the entire lifecycle of our products
In animal rights, our products are never tested on animals
WHAT WE'VE ACCOMPLISHED:
Reduced the amount of water needed per batch in our manufacturing processes
Our bottles are made of 50% post-consumer recycled materials and are 100% recyclable
Products and printed materials use up to 50% PCR materials and FSC paper stock
We’ve minimized our use of secondary packaging, with cartons we do have being made of 100% recycled fibers
Reduced utility energy consumption per bottle
Reduced waste during the filling and packaging process
We use FDA-approved plastics for unparalleled safety and environmental sustainability
“And they make an amazing product! So really, it's a win-win.”
Steps to washing your hair properly...
1. Get all of your hair wet all of the way!! (obvi, i know, but you know who you are 😉)
2. Depending on the amount of hair your have use anywhere from a dime size to a
quarter. EMULSIFY in your hands meaning thin it out by rubbing your palms together.
3. Apply at the base of your neck, sides of your hair, and at the crown. Now scrub and add a little bit of water to your hair if need be.
4. Rinse out ALL of the way. I will say I am always surprised when I see a client that hasn't rinsed their hair out properly. It really doesn't take that much time or effort.
5. Before applying the conditioner, get as much water out of your hair as possible. In order to do this, move your head out from under the spray of the shower head and twist the water out of your hair 2-3 times.
6. Apply a nickel to a quarter size of conditioner and emulsify in your palms by rubbing your palms together. At the base of your neck - apply the conditioner from nape to ends of hair. If you feel like you need more because you have a TON of hair, add more a little at a time.
I wash my hair first thing in the shower and rinse the conditioner out last. This allows the conditioner to stay in my hair for as long as possible while being as effective as possible.
Happy shampoo day! Let me know how it goes and if you are getting better results. #ChangeYourHairChangeYourLIfe